This is a handy brief guide to the AQA A geography GCSE. It’s not everything you need to know but it’s more than a good start.
Tag Archives: revision
Your geography GCSE mock in February is a human paper. So the topics will of course be:
- Changing Urban Environments
- Development Gap and
You will need the PLCs to start your revision. Click here
You could use the skeleton cards I have drawn up
Anything else you need just email me 🙂
Revising for your exam by answering past exam questions is THE best way to prepare and to get a better grade than in your mock.
Below are the actual exam papers, the inserts (which is the booklet of maps and photos you get with your exam) and the mark schemes too. Please note the inserts for 2013 and 2014 are too big to upload here. you can either borrow a copy form me or find on the AQA site. Please feel free to email or hand in any exam questions you have attempted and I will be more than happy to mark them for you.
human paper Higher insert June 2011 ((e.g. the photos and maps that come with your exam)
June 2010 human paper insert higher tier (e.g. the maps and photos that come with the exam)
The best way to revise ALWAYS includes answering exam questions! here are EVERY SINGLE past paper, mark scheme and insert. Enjoy!
2015 physical foundation INSERT
2015 physical foundation MARK SCHEME
2013 foundation insert for paper 1 physical geography was too big to attach!! please go to AQA website)
The best way to revise ALWAYS includes trying past questions. So here is every past paper for the last 5 years for AQA A GCSE Geography foundation Paper 2 the Human Paper. Mark schemes and inserts also included🙂
2013 Foundation Human Insert – too big to load! please check AQA website
2012 Foundation Human Insert – also too big a document. Please try AQA website
Question 2 – Changing Urban Environments “Improving Squatter Settlements”
Question 4 – Development Gap “International Aid” (and how it is sustainable)
Question 6 – Tourism “Tourism in an Extreme Environment”
- Rocinha and the Favela Bairro
- Water aid (and fair trade if you wish)
I won’t link to all the resources on this blog for these 3 case studies. I am sure you can use the category cloud and find them. But here is a link to the skeleton revision cards I have produced that show the sections within each case study you need to know
click here LAST MIN HUMAN CASE STUDIES
This video from the New York Times. It is useful to us for 5 reasons:
- It covers a lot of short term responses to the earthquake of 2015
- You can also see some of the effects of the quake.
- This short clip also illustrates how Nepal faces extra problems because it is a less wealthy country
- Finally, really good answers in the exam will talk about how the rural areas of Nepal with their inaccessibility meant both the effects were worse and the responses were made more difficult
- You can even use it in the Development Gap topic about how a natural disaster can hinder development in a country
And all in 3 minutes flat