Please click on the link below to rate the controlled assessment part of Geography. Thank you very much.
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Use the above links (bbc bitesize geography website-coasts) to make any extra notes on the landforms we have looked at in the lesson. Please take the test once you have completed this and make a note of your score.
Using the website below create a diagram for each transporation process (Solution, suspension, saltation and traction) ensure you annotate (label in detail) each diagram. Use the following website to help you http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/coasts/coastal_processes_rev4.shtml.
In addition, I would like to you to read the information at the top of the website page and create a diagram with labels that explains longshore drift.
Using a case study describe how people use fold mountains (8marks)
Learn the information below and pick one to research in detail. Once you have done that use this to help you answer the question “Describe one EU policy that tries to reduce differences in levels of development within Europe” (4 Marks worth)
The EU regional Policy
The EU’s regional policy transfers resources from richer to poorer areas, so the poorer areas can catch up with the rest of the EU. From 2007-2013, regional spending will use up 36% of the EU’s budget – a staggering 350 billion euros. The focus is on countries in Central and Eastern Europe – like Poland. The money comes from three different sources:
- The European Regional Development Fund, which pays for things like general instrastructure.
- The European Social Fund, which pays for things like training and job creation programmes.
- The cohesion Fund, which covers environmental and transport infrastrucutre projects, as well as the development of renewable engergy. This fund is reseved for countries with living standards that are less than 90% of the EU’s average. so it includes Poland, Portugal and Greece.
What you need to do:
This homework will prepare you for Friday’s lesson. The idea is that you will come in already knowing the basics about Water Aid in Uganda. You need to produce one side of A4 that covers the follwing issues:
- Comparing how developed Uganda is to the UK
- Describing how unclean and inaccessible water can limit a county’s development
This word document helps you compare Uganda and the UK development levels uganda.uk.development info
This video helps you understand why bad water and diarrhoea are so bad for people in poorer countries
And this video shows some of the impacts of poor quality water on school girls in Uganda
And this one shows JLS in Uganda looking at the dirty water problem